It has been hard on mummy when she first started breastfeeding me. As i am very impatient, I did not like to latch on to mummy. During the first few days in hospital, no matter how much mummy tried to latch me on, I only latched on for few minutes and started to cry loudly, as for a start, mummy did not have much milk flow.
After the 4th day when we were discharged from the hospital, mummy was very upset as firstly there was no much milk flow, and I kept crying, secondly, I did not cooperate with her to latch on .... On top of that, mummy was using the Avent manual pump which made her hand ached. In the end, on the 5th day, daddy went back to TMC and got mummy the Ameda Electrical Dual Pump. It has been a relief for mummy as she did not have to use much strength to pump out the milk, but still, the flow is very low.
Finally there was decent milk flow from mummy on the 9th day onwards, mummy is able to pump up to 100ml for me .... so happy ..... As i am a big eater, although mummy has got milk flow, it is not sufficient to satisfy me, so mummy still got to mix Enfalac A+ for me, especially during the night time.....
During the first week, mummy has always been very upset over the breastfeeding and milk flow, thank god she has got alot of encouragements and supports from Aunty Leance, Aunty Shanen and Aunty Muzicgal, and finally she has succeed. Although I did not help her to latch on, mummy still persists and stick back to the 3hrs schedule and pump out the milk to feed me.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment